- ❝ A Fine addition to a fine game. Thumbs up, in the butt.❞
- ―Hillary Clinton
Grand Theft Auto III: Shoreside Vale is an expansion pack for Grand Theft Auto III released in spring 2002. It was available for purchase in Rockstar Games' official website for $9.99 between 2002 and 2009.
It includes new missions, vehicles and the previously cut multiplayer mode.
Shoreside Vale is a prequel to Grand Theft Auto III, set a few months before the events of the main game.
The Protagonist is Tanner, a bent cop, struggling to make ends meet in the violent underbelly of Liberty City. His criminal associates get more paranoid by the day, his superiors are beginning to suspect his loyalty and on the top of everything - his wife and daughter get kidnapped.
Tanner needs to sort out his life, before the city sorts out him.
GTA III: Shoreside Vale adds internet Multiplayer mode to GTA III. Players can compete in various different game modes (Player limit is 20):
- Deathmatch: Classic All Vs. All -gamemode.
- Team Deathmatch: Team version of Deathmatch
- Rat Race: Racing
- Capture the Flag: The objective for both teams is to obtain enemy team's flag and return it to their own base while preventing the opposing team from doing the same
- Stash the Cash: Co-op gamemode of 4 players. The objective is to gather money as much as you can around the city while keeping an eye on A.I. controlled enemy gangs